Ekta Solanki Collection

The cuts are dramatic, edgy and defining. I wanted the collection to be about style and glamour rather then overpowering pieces with excessive embroidery. The fit of the pieces is incredibly important so I wanted to show the different styles brides can opt for instead of settling with the standard A-line or fish cut shapes. I’ve used predominately silk brocades teamed with silk tulles and silk tissues for the dupattas; in addition I’ve also used a lot of metallic silk lurex which adds fantastic texture to the brocades. The colour paletters are deep magentas, emerald and lime greens teamed with smooth creams and candy pinks. I introduced warm golds with strong coppery-bronze silk lurex and hints of royal blues to add depth and drama to the pieces.




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Rohit B said...

I love her work.